China won the right to host the 16th IUAES World Congress in July， 2003. After six years of preparation， the Congress will be held during July 27-31， 2009 in Kunming China.
The Intemational Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences （IUAES） wase stablished on August 23， 1948， when it merged， in fact， with the Intemational Congress of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences （ICAES）， which was founded m 1934. The latter was the product ofvarious Congresses ofAnthropological Sciences， starting in 1865.
1. Visual Anthropology and Visual Culture in China: Methodology,Analysis and Filmic Representations
2. La revanche de Han Xin, un Mystere taoTste
3. Taping Fieldwork: Using Digital Video in Ethnographic Research
4. Ethnography as Database Narrative: Immersion, Interactivity and Intervention in the Bethune Multimedia Project
5. What is in a Realist Image?
6. Visual Practice of “No-Waste Anthropology”
7. Intimacy, Integrity and Indulgence in Anthropological Film
8. Rural Woman and Modernity in Globalizing China: Seeing Jia Zhangke’s The World
9. Toward Plurality: Modern Practices of VisuaIAnthropology in China
10. Like a Duck Listening to Thunder: Doing Secondhand Ethnography
This volume is the result of the efforts of Professor Zhuang Kongshao to assemble a volume reflecting the many perspectives expressed on visual culture and visual anthropology at the 16th World Congress of Intemational Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences held in Kunming， Yunnan in 2009. Professor Zhuang， along with He Ming， was the organizer of the film festival presented at those meetings， and editor of the volume Cultural Glimpses：Film festival of the 16th World Congress of IUAES （2009），which gave a comprehensive overview of important works in filmic media on anthropological topics. The present volume of essays， assembled on the invitation of Professor Zhuang， seeks to provide additional context as well as theorectical and methodological insight on filmic media and method in anthroplogy in general and the Chinese cultural region in particular.
编者：(美国)沈雅礼 宋志方 庄孔韶 丛书主编：黄忠彩
Professor of Anthropology
Director of lnstitute of Anthropology
Zhejiang University, China
Vice-chairman of Chinese Society of Visual
Vice-chairman of China Union of Anthropological and Ethnological Sciences
Associate Professor of Anthropology
Co-director of Center for Visual Anthropology
Department of Anthropology
University of Southern California, USA
Zhifang Song, Ph.D.
Lecturer of Anthropology
School of Social and Political Sciences
University of Canterbury, New Zealand